Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Veggie Tales: Tomato x Mozzarella Tart


I am so excited about this dish! This was my first time making a tart, but it turned out great! I got the idea from Elsie & Emma's blog A Beautiful Mess, which I absolutely love! It's definitely one of my favorite blogs. My tart is a little different from theirs, but that's always okay, it gives a unique touch to it.

What I Used:
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- pesto, enough to cover the entire sheet
- mozzarella, about 9 slices
- olive oil
- salt & pepper

I laid out the puff pastry sheet, spread the pesto and tomatoes on, and then filled in the empty spaces with mozzarella. I love mozzarella, it's my absolute favorite, so I used a lot. You can use more or less depending on how cheesy you want your tart. Then I drizzled a little bit of olive oil over top and topped it all off with a bit of salt and pepper (season to your tastes). I baked it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.


I wasn't really sure what to expect because I had never tried anything like this before. Also, I'm not very fond of tomatoes either so I was a bit nervous about that. Thankfully, it turned out great! I loved it, tomatoes and all! I don't know if it was the pesto, or the olive oil, or what but the tomatoes were extremely yummy. I will definitely be making this again.

If you decide to try this, let me know how it turns out!

Love,
Rita Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment