Sunday, March 3, 2013

Veggie Tales: Update. 03/03/13


Hello,

Just in case you all are wondering, I am still a vegetarian. There's no turning back now, I have no doubt that I'll be a veg-head forever. ;) Things are going well. It's been almost 7 months since I started this journey. I am still excited about it and I look forward to the future. I plan on expanding my palate and trying new things, but my ultimate goal is to become vegan. One day. I'm not quite ready for that now, but eventually I will get there. If you have any questions about the vegetarian lifestyle, feel free to ask me.

Recipe:



1 tbs. olive oil
8 cups thinly sliced bok choy (about 1 lb.)
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
5 cloves garlic, minced (5 tsp.)
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
4 large eggs
1/2 lb. whole-wheat spaghetti
4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
2 oz. grated Romano cheese (1/2 cup)

1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add bok choy, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes; saute 8 minutes, or until vegetables turn golden. Stir in garlic, then broth. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and keep warm.

2. Bring skillet filled with 2 inches of water to a boil. Crack eggs into skillet; reduce heat to low, and poach 4 minutes.

3. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Toss cooked pasta with bok choy mixture. Divide pasta among serving bowls, and top each serving with 1 poached egg, 2 tbs. green onions, and 2 tbs. Romano cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.

(Recipe courtesy of Vegetarian Times magazine)

xo,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment